Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas Lunch

"We wish you a merry Christmas, We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year"

So we had Christmas lunch today. At the lunch there was an office choir (not official but office choir as in few people in office made up a choir) and this song has been stuck in my brain (or is it mind?) ever since. Anything and everything I have done since then has this background music to it.

I was sitting in the meeting listening to this super cool presentation today evening and there it went:

"So we can map..." Oh, bring us a figgy pudding, oh bring us a figgy pudding "...and produce the" oh bring us a figgy pudding, "...with such a good rate..." and a cup of good cheer 

Okay, I admit it. They did serve some Champagne and wine along with some classic Christmas pudding that had rum in it. I didn't drink the Champagne or the wine. I just had some figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer.

The trouble is that now its time to sleep and I am extremely sleepy at the moment (I am trying to quit caffeine but that's another post) but this song doesn't stop playing. The music system inside my brain doesn't seem to have a stop or even a pause button. I have tried pulling my ears...We won't go until we get some, we won't go until we get some... I have pressed my nose, forehead, my finger, my toes, even my belly button but to no avail. It keeps going..We won't go until we get some, so bring some out here. 

Figgy tidings we bring to you and your kin, 
Figgy tidings for Christmas and a happy new year

We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New year. 

Its going to be a long night. Actually, make it a long month. They don't stop playing till and a happy new year, do they?

0 comments:

Post a Comment